google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Quote of the Day

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Quote of the Day

Last week my three-year old misbehaved at a store, yet stubbornly argued that she should still be rewarded with a candy. Her admament defence dragged on for nearly the entire ride home.

"I'll say this much for you," I told her "You're a tenacious little girl"

As soon as I saw the evil glint in her eyes I was fearful. "Why you say I have ten asses?" she said.

"I didn't say that, I said tenacious. It means stubborn. And don't say that word."

"Ten asses?"

"I said don't say that!"

"Why? Why you  say  I have ten asses? I don't have ten asses. Momma, Daddy said I have ten asses .Do you think I have ten asses?"

"You know full well what I said! Now stop saying that! It's not funny!"

Which was, in retrospect, not all that believable a statement while my wife was giggling in the front seat.

Raise my daughter among less reputable parents and you'd have a cross between Michael Corleone, Ozzy Osbourne, and a Disney Princess.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny, you need to put that in a scrap book, Jeanne