google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: More Proof of My Dorkdom

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

More Proof of My Dorkdom

Never before in history has a man of my beauty been so prone to nerdom.

Ever since I was five or six years old I've thought about going around Milwaukee, photographing all the remaining billboards painted on the side of brick buildings.

For all I know this is a universal phenomenom, but they've disappeared in the last quarter century here.

My goal, therefore, was to record them for all time in a coffee table book before the elements destroyed them.

As it is, this is the only one I've ever shot, taken today while driving with the girls.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh !!! what a great piece of history :)
you print the book .. i'll buy one or two .. maybe three !
and you've got my promise in writing
pamela

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you need others to help.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great idea.

Anonymous said...

It's a super idea! People take photos of the strangest things for the strangest reasons. Old fading signs of days gone past is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Pam - If I ever get around to finishing that project all hold you to your promise.

sepintx - Love your pics, thanks for spotlighting me on your journal.

Anonymous said...

I think any project that uses a camera is simply wonderful.  I think it is a cool idea and I am jealous that I did not think of it.  Sioux

Anonymous said...

I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest my idea has generated . . . it's got me thinking. On a separate tack, it's also gotten me wondering why these itsy bitsy posts generate so much more commentary than the posts I spend hours on. :)

Anonymous said...

A great idea and I am sure, something that your community would appreciate.  Lisa

Anonymous said...

Date: 2005-04-14 12:46:53

Name: Mom
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments:




Dan, The forward  done with your birthdate was really great.



There were other list did you notice?  Love, Mom