google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: What's your opinion?

Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2005

What's your opinion?

Ok, back on the 6th? my oldest took her spring pics at school, and on Wednesday she returned with a whole packet of this picture. We didn't order them; turns out they were given to her by mistake, and yes, they were returned.

(I suppose, given that it sidesteped the need to buy them, I shouldn't have scanned the pic either. Ethics and all.  But what's the point of being Catholic if you can't take advantage of confession and sin with impunity once in awhile?)

Anyhow, so far everyone - including both the Mrs. and her teacher - hate the pic, saying my daughter looks mean and smug.

I'm not sure the reduced-for-the-web copy of the picture gives an adequate looksie, so peer carefully.

I agree she looks a little Teresa Heinz Kerry in the photo. So what? It's about the polar opposite of her best pictures, but I still dig it. Who says you have to have a big grin in every photo?

Care to give me your two cents?

Comment on this Post          View Comments

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwww
mean and smug?!?
naw
resigned to having to have her picture taken looks more like it lol
adorable none the less :)
pamela (psst .. thanks for being a good catholic hehe)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm telling you, the pic lost something in translation. Maybe I shrunk the 'tude right out of it.

Anonymous said...

I like the photo!
The expression is not the norm for school portraits, but that is what makes the portrait work for me. Brings back my own memories of standing in line, waiting for your turn, wondering why, hoping it's over soon and so on!

Ask your daughter what she thinks of it. If she likes it, it's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute.  You will really really love this photo when she is older and you are older.

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-04-22 19:03:18

Name: tomawesome
Site Rating: 7
Visitor Comments: I like the comment about Catholics being able to sin.  I'd like to hear more people talk about that.  thx for the idea!

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-04-22 13:51:26

Name: MOM
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments:
Dan,



 You're too hard on  YaYa's picture. She just looks like she's tired. Every picture  won't always be perfect,but of course my grandchildren make perfect pictures.



 I'm so proud of my grandkids. They are growing like weeds,smiley is just stretching.The girls are growing too.



I only have one comment for you about the picture is you know better.



Love. Mom

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-04-23 21:30:00

Name: Jeanne
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: Love the picture, she looks just like a teacher, smug and smarter than anyone, nice to have to blackmail kids with when they are older.  

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-04-26 20:45:41

Name: Fred Oftencold
Web Site: Often Cold
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments:
FYI,



I have posted your site as an example in a web content writing and editing class.  We were asked to provide an example of a favored iste and an explanation of its merits.



Please feel no pressure whatsoever.

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-04-26 20:41:37

Name: Fred
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: It looks like she has a rifle just out of camera range.   I  love it.   Sugar and spice and pinpoint aim.