google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Carrie Underwood is a no-talent hack

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Carrie Underwood is a no-talent hack

Mere moments after the travesty that befell American Idol tonight - with Carrie Underwood beating out the much more interesting/talented/personable Bo Bice - my mother called to gloat.

She is, to put it mildly, a Carrie Underwood fan.

Two words Ma: Jimmy Carter.

Ya voted for him too didn'tcha?

 I love ya, but I can't say I envy your track record.

Trust me, in two years you'll see Carrie guest starring on whatever schlock takes the place of Life on a Stick, just like Reuben "I beat Clay Aiken" Studdard.

And Bo will be pecking Kelly on the cheek and shaking Regis' hand as they congratulate him on his next gold record.

Just my slapinion.

But I am right.

Comment on this Post (non AOL)         View Comments

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally AGREE....what a bummer last night! But like you said..Bo will go much further in the end....Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

lol
i could NOT have said it better myself !!
i think i managed to watch an entire 2 episodes .. just too much hype and too many commercials for me
but i was shocked when Carrie won over Bo ..
besides being in desperate need of a name change .. Bo should have won ..
pamela

Anonymous said...

There's no question Bo is talented, but I think he hurt himself by singing without music.  There is no shame in coming in second (except, perhaps, in boxing -- as Mike Tyson will tell you!).

Carrie has a very nice voice.

I think both of these people will go on to make real names for themselves.

Anonymous said...

Name: Pam
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: you are sour grapes. Carrie Underwood is a star, she has a beautiful voice. Bo Bice has a mediocre voice at best. The women all went nuts over him that is what kept him going week to week but the real talent won out in the end, Carrie Underwood!  Go Carrie!  

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-05-27 09:34:14

Name: Don
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: Bo is a talent but only a 6 of 10 where Carrie is a 9 and when her album is released I'm sure you'll find she was the right choice. If you were to take the recordings of the show and run them thru a good stereo you would understand how horrendous Bo's singing really is. Horribly out of tune is putting it mildly, whereas thru the same system Carrie sounds abslutely pure with only a slight quiver in her voice that only makes it more real. Carrie is the American Idol!