google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Birthday Party June 5th

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2005

The Birthday Party June 5th

Okay, I said three updates, I meant four. :)

We had the party at a McDonald's. When YaYa had her 2nd bday party at McDonald's it was a disaster. Crowded, ill-run, just a horrible experience. This time my wife scouted out a location at the far end of town with a heck of a play area and less of a midday crowd.

It worked. Not only was it roomy, it was well-run and just a very pleasant, relaxed party. They even had a tiny toilet in the playroom - perfect for my daughter, who is in the midst of potty training (two successes at the party, 1 mistake :)

Anyhow, here's Parker at the party

and YaYa

and the birthday girl on her throne

we brought a cake just for the adults

while McDonald's provided one for the kids

speaking of kids, here's one of the four group shots I took. Good luck getting them all to have their eye's open and a smile on their face at the same time.

and one of my daughter with one of her godmother's (she has two godmothers and no godfathers; YaYa has two godfathers and no godmother. Long story)

And lastly, I thought I'd add this pic of one of the many great gifts she received. It's a sandbox that now resides in our backyard, courtesy of her other godmother.

Really, a nice, nice day.

Comment on this Post  (non AOL)         View Comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you DO realize you had me going on this one .. first the talk of the toilet in the playroom and the pic of your daughter on her "throne" .. i thought "you didn't !!"
lol
thankfully you didn't ;-)
it looks like a wonderful time was had by all
pamela

Anonymous said...

lol, you know as I was typing 'throne' I thought the same thing, then said "nah, no one will think that"
:)

Dan