google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: What we did this summer

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2005

What we did this summer

Back in May my wife sent me an email listing the things she wanted us to do over the summer. Here's how that turned out:

This summer I want to...  

take Grace to Great America - done. Although I managed to avoid this one when $ fell short, Lisa took her to Great America with a friend from her old school. I believe the highlight for them was performing onstage with Tweety and the Warner Bros. characters.

...take the girls to the zoo...maybe twice ..done. I went at least once (twice, I think) and Lisa took them at least one other time.

.take the girls to the children's museum, at least four times .Not sure; I went once or twice, Lisa took them at least once.

..take the girls to IKEA, get breakfast and buy something ..nope. forgot all about it. We should do this!

.take the girls to a water park WITH YOU ..Great America premiered a new water park this year, so that was accomplished (minus the 'with you' part)

.go to Friday night flicks down on the east side again ..nope. if it even took place this year, I never heard about it.

.go to state fair ..We skipped it this year, partly for $ concerns, partly because it conflicted with our schedule. That sucks - I regret not going. It's a good time.

.childrens fest (maybe) ..I believe this is at Summerfest, which we skipped because there were no acts that sparked our interest in going.

.be in the fourth of July parade with kids with a kick ass decorated stroller or wagon...we didn't march in the parade this year, but watched a pair. I had an abscessed tooth that flared up and was pulled the next day.

 ...watch fire works downtown, AND somewhere else ..not sure about the somewhere else part, but the downtown fireworks were a go - and YaYa threw one of the nastiest hissy fits EVER in the crowd.

.visit myg'grandpa or invite him over No, to our regret. We did attempt to call him (no answer) and his deteroriating medical condition precludes most outside activity.

go to lots of parks not as much as last year, but I'd give it a 'yes'.

grill outside a lot     see 'parks' comment

start working out again uh .. . no comment

take walks around the neighborhood when the sun is setting with you and the kids  we did one or two walks, neither in the evening.

 ********
Always interesting to compare expectations with results. It was a good summer; nothing mindblowing, but relaxing and pretty fun. I'd like to make a list like this again next May.

  Comment on this Post (non-AOL)      View Comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Entry Date: 2005-10-31 17:23:22

Name: Jeanne
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: As we get older the summer gets shorter, it is neat that you did as much as you did.  I know parents that don't do nothing, and in Milwaukee there are lots of stuff to do.