google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Random goo

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Random goo

Kind of a random post today . . .

Tonight was my parent's 35th wedding anniversary, a shinding my sister Katie put together pretty much on her lonesome. It was held at the Safehouse/Milwaukee Press Club. Despite a very crowded venue, and the fact that my wife had three kids under 5 to keep quiet for three hours, it was a lot of fun.

I say 'my wife' had to keep them quiet because more and more it seems I'm either busy with work or trying to unwind. It's become a sore spot between us. Be careful what you wish for I guess . . .

The food was great, and for the first time in memory, my Dad's side of the family joined the festivites. I've never been quite sure of the reason for the attendance gulf between my Mom and Dad's families, but it was nice to get reaquainted.

Maybe I'll post pics of the event later. Maybe not.

 *************************************************************************************

I'm surprised my Pearl Harbor post didn't garner more comments. Guess I did lose my audience over the summer. Sh**ty.

**************************************************************************************

Also over the summer, some of the links on my favorites fell prey to the temporary nature of the net. The 'No One's Child' link now jumps to a dumpy little sex site, and Tom's Astronomy Blog  - one of my everyday reads - has experienced hosting problems and will be moving on to another site.

***********************************************

Speaking of unintended side effects, I'm woefully behind on my reading. Part of it is the time crunch, part is because of a nasty $35 fine I owe the library for some children's books that were overdue. Nazi's.

Anyhow, here's a list of what I'd like to read, if/when I get the chance. Oh, and some big ticket items I'd like to own sometime before I'm fifty:

*********************************

Laptop

telescope

Electric Guitar

one of them fancy memory sticks that carry info from computer to computer

Amazon.com: School Days (Spenser): Books: Robert B. Parker  

 Amazon.com: Knife of Dreams (The Wheel of Time, Book 11): Books: Robert Jordan  

 Amazon.com: Fiddlers : A Novel of the 87th Precinct (87th Precinct Mysteries (Hardcover)): Books  

 Amazon.com: The Closers: Books  

 Amazon.com: Drive to the East (Settling Accounts Trilogy, Book 2): Books  

Amazon.com: Return Engagement (Settling Accounts Trilogy, Book 1): Books: Harry Turtledove

  Click here: Amazon.com: I Am Legend: Books  

Click here: Amazon.com: Private Wars: Books: Greg Rucka .

 Amazon.com: Creepers: Books: David Morrell  

 Amazon.com: The Pale Horseman: Books

Amazon.com: The Planets: Books  

Amazon.com: Sea Change (Jesse Stone Novels (Hardcover)): Books: Robert B. Parker

Amazon.com: Sharpe's Escape: Books: Bernard Cornwell

Amazon.com: The Fallen Angels: Books: Bernard Cornwell

Amazon.com: Never Have Your Dog Stuffed : And Other Things I've Learned: Books: Alan Alda

  Click here: Amazon.com: Here's Johnny! : My Memories of Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show, and 46 Years of Friendship: Books  

 Click here: Amazon.com: The Historian: Books: Elizabeth Kostova   Click here: Amazon.com: Broken Prey (Lucas Davenport Mysteries): Books

   Click here: Amazon.com: Crusader's Cross : A Dave Robicheaux Novel (Dave Robicheaux Mysteries (Hardcover)): Books: James Lee B  

 Click here: Amazon.com: One Shot (Jack Reacher Novels (Hardcover)): Books  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah, just a back-handed way of getting your Christmas list out there. Never met a full grown man who distributed his Christmas list so early/often/wide as you always have hun.  I will say since I've known you I've made out more Xmas lists then all the years prior combined....I figure it's worked pretty well for you, why not? So these are some totally random off the top of my head items I'd like to own someday as well.... a shower, new bathroom rugs, clear dishes, clothes, scent stories disks, bake wear, a real gold necklace (preferably my childrens one), restaurant g/c, grocery g/c.  Love your wife...really xoxo

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how cool it was to see your comment on my journal today.
The Libaray people are Nazi's.
http://journals.aol.com/vortexgirl/AViewThruTheVortexThatIsMe/entries/99
Dianne