google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa's 4th Birthday

Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2005

YaYa's 4th Birthday

I know it seems like I talk a lot about my oldest here, and I do - but in fairness, the baby's pretty darn boring and Middle Child's only now producing good copy .. . I'll update on those two soon :)

Last month was YaYa's 4th birthday. It was a bit of a bust, as of the nine kids invited the only two who showed up were my own. Everyone else came down with a cold, got scooped up by their father for the weekend, or had a death in the family. So at the last minute (literally with an hour to spare) we called some kids from her class, and darned if some didn't show - and during a Packer game no less!

Neatest of all was the fact that my brother in law drove his girls 5 hours to Milwaukee to surprise their cousin on her birthday. That goes above and beyond the call of duty.

Anywho, the main reason for this post is to show off the grand cake my wife baked for her:

My wife also conducted a treasure hunt (a well written quest courtesy of my brother in law) . .

and read the Princess and the Pea ('twas a Princess party, don't ya know).

She followed that up by playing a game where the kids reenacted the story, with the winner being the one who felt the prize beneath the pillow they were sitting on.

Wouldn't you know it though, midway through the party my birthday girl sucummbed to the flu, getting sick midway through dinner. Didn't stop her from enjoying her gifts though.

As I said, more on the other munchkins soon. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Comment on this Post (non AOL)               View Comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is awesome! The wife did a great job! Oh, and Happy Birthday (late) to YaYa
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Sick on her birthday. Reminds me of the time I had to call the doctor at home on Christmas morning because Bridget became very sick!! Cake is to die for!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Ya-Ya!  Your shocked that nothing could keep her from presents?  lol
Dianne