google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: More assorted links

Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

More assorted links

Look, I hate to fall into the blogging trap where all you do is post link after link to stuff that catches your eye - we have the Drudge Report for that, thank you - but I'm going to do it anyway.

First, there's the Milwaukee connection to the Bermuda Triangle debates. I've lived here all my life and had never heard of this, even with some pretty steady dealings over the years with the Air Force group in question.

On a more conterversial note, here's a scathing investigation into Tom Cruise's 'religious' life.

In Britain, there's a study that says girls routinely mutilate their Barbie dolls for giggles. They needed to fund a study to prove this? Socialized countries are the bomb.

And here's a neat little bit of karma - the same day I read about Racine WI's wooly mammoth controversy, I came across a link that says scientists are keen on resurrecting the species.

With thousands of intact carcasses frozen in Russia's soil, researchers may be able to inject mammoth sperm into elephants, eventually creating an animal 88% mammoth. They're also working on decoding the genetic code of mammoths.

Sure, it's very Jurassic Park, but this doesn't trip my ethical meter too much. a) mammoth's were around until at least 10,000 years ago (and some anecdotal reports indicate as late as a few centuries ago) and were eliminated primarily by man, not nature b) a reasonable facsimile of mammoths still exist (elephants) and thus, it isn't such a giant stretch of our world's natural order and c) mammoths are pretty darn cool.

How's that for a convoluted, hypocritical ethical position?

Later :)

Comment on this Post (non-AOL)     View Comments

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Samantha cuts all the hair off her barbies.  I have never seen her do any worse.  After I read the article I was a bit confused as too if this was a good thing or bad thing.  Or haven't they decided?
Dianne

Anonymous said...

My Bridget would cut off the Barbies hair too...but she was playing Beauty Shop. lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi.  I see you're a Yankees fan.  So is my hubby.  He's been talking about Johnny Damon for the last two days:)