google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My newest 'favorite' author

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

My newest 'favorite' author

A few months back I saw a paperback copy of Rex Stout's  "The Golden Spiders" at a local pizza joint. I asked to take it home and it got me hooked on Stout's overweight genius Nero Wolfe and his wisecracking sidekick Archie Goodwin.

I love the writing style, and there are some wonderful desciptions and phrases in the first person narratives. The only drawback seem to a staunch Anti-Communist slant that dates some of the novels.

 Stout, btw, didn't publish his first Wolfe novel until his late 40's.

So far I've read: 

Death of a Dude
Before Midnight
If Death Ever Slept
And Be A Villain
Three Doors to Death
 
Pick up any of them - you won't be dissapointed.

No comments: