google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lost's 1/2 Season Finale and Misc Rants

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Lost's 1/2 Season Finale and Misc Rants

T-Minus 5 hours until the family departs on vacation.

Not much to say about this episode of Lost. I thought it was disapointing, and certainly didn't end on a very powerful cliffhanger.

Whoo-hoo, Jack is holding Ben hostage to give Kate and Sawyer a chance to escape (to where, oh suicidal self-sacrificing Jack?). Yawn.

And I could care less about Kate going all Anna-Lucia on Sawyer. So be it - the crooked bums deserve one another. The more I see of Kate's past, the less I give a rat's a** about her.

Speaking of crooked bums, I've noticed a lot of Democrats serving crow online about the 'thumping' the GOP took Tuesday.

So be it - it was a wupping - and I accept it graciously. Let the liberals gloat, it doesn't change my opinion of them for the worse - really, how could it?  j/k :)

I'm old enough to know everything changes, everything goes round and round. I remember '92, when I thought the world was going to end, '94 when I thought Santa Claus was real, '96 when I was getting married and could have cared less,'00 when I fought tooth and nail for those bitter 36 days, and '04 when I correctly disagreed with the polls and predicted an easy win.

It isn't the end of the world, and I'll get to do the 'happy happy dance' some election night soon enough.

And as in every defeat, in Tuesday's results are the seeds of future victory. There are now ample roads to critique/attack/stymie the oppositon. It's much easier to snipe from the sidelines than actually be the quarterback, and in the Clinton years the GOP learned to be very good (too good, honestly) at doing just that.

Oh, re: Rumsfield. I'm pragmatic enough where I would have chucked him months ago to appease the unwashed masses, but I don't see this changing much in Iraq, despite the joy its brought about in some quarters.

We'll see.

 

No comments: