google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Big Grandpa - 20 years

Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2007

Big Grandpa - 20 years

 Today while taking YaYa to school I suddenly remembered that it was 20 years to the day  - January 5th, 1987 - since my paternal "Big" Grandpa died.

It is honestly alarming how quickly life is passing by; his death seems only a moment ago in my mind, certainly nothing approaching two decades.
 
YaYa began to ask a lot of questions, and I was impressed by her interest. She soon explained herself, saying that she wanted as much information as she could remember so she could add a prayer for him to the P.A. announcements this morning.
 
She even asked me to write down his name for her.
 
'No man is dead if he is remembered' - that's the motto of a cemetary I pass daily, and it's something I firmly believe.
 
Today, Big Grandpa's memory is alive and well.
 
Rest in Peace, Grandpa - I love you.
 
 

No comments: