google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: AL teams to play in Milwaukee?

Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2007

AL teams to play in Milwaukee?

News today on mlb.com that the three game Angels-Indians series scheduled for Cleveland this week will be moved to Milwaukee due to winter conditions in Ohio.

Well, hot dog! A chance to see two AL teams compete, and I don't even have to leave Milwaukee? If I can arrange my schedule, I'm there!

One of the reasons I'm so eager is the presence of future Hall of Famer Vladimir Guerrero.

That got me thinking: in my years of watching baseball, how many Hall of Famers have I seen on the field?

[warning: this list will almost certainly be expanded over the coming months as my memory improves]

Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, and Rollie Fingers for sure.

Don Sutton almost certainly.

Big Mac (should he make the Hall) I saw on Sept 10th, 2001, if not at other times.

I saw the '04 Yanks and  White Sox in Chicago, which means I saw A-Rod, Mussina, Jeter, Posada, Giambi, Shefffield and Rivera. At least three of those are HOF.

I've seen Griffey, Bonds, and Kent.

Frank Thomas (man, did he inspire fear!)

I've seen Rickey Henderson and Dennis Eckersely at the old County Stadium.

I saw Cecil Fielder, and his son Prince.

I've seen Pujols (yawn), Sosa, and Edmonds.

With reasonable certainlty of memory, I've watched Maddux and Ryan pitch.

That's not a horrible list, considering I started watching the game regularly only in '92. I'm sure I shorted myself by a score or so, but it'll come in time.

No comments: