google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Quick reviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quick reviews

First off, my sincere thanks to Joe at Magic Smoke for solving the simple but perplexing problem of loading pics from my Hometown account.

Secondly, I had the misfortune of seeing most (but God bless, not all) of Halle Berry's Catwoman last night. Truly, woefully awful. Bad computer animation, a goofy plot, and amateur-hour acting. What a tour de force.

I also watched The Fountain, a movie I was eager to rent. I'm ashamed to admit that either it's a convoluted mess of a film or I'm too stupid to figure it out. I can't even mold the plot into a coherent summary, so hit amazon or the like if you want to read up on it.

I polished off the third book in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles, The Lords of the North, while suffering through Catwoman.

Typical Cornwell: livid, action packed historical novels that don't beat you over the head with plot but keep you riveted throughtout none-the-less. I certainly would not have ever studied up on or learned to admire Alfred the Great if not for this series.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought guys just watched Catwoman to make their later fantasies my vivid watching Halee! HA!

I saw Pirates this weekend & loved it. I plan on seeing Georgia rule tomorrow or Fri.

I'm reading Sidney Poitier's "The Measure of a Man". Almost done & it is very good!

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/MeThinksTooMuch/

My New One: