google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa's K5 Graduation

Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2007

YaYa's K5 Graduation

[First off, let it be known to history that the time-stamp on these and all my photos from May/June of this year are YEARS off. I assure you, unless I stepped into a wormhole it is NOT March of 2004. ]

My YaYa has graduated from Kindergarten, in a very nice ceremony held in her school library.

Ditching the stereotypes of schoolchildren, they sang very loudly and without the trace of shyness. The songs were very cute - yes, some brief video exists, if only I knew how to load it here! - but I forget their names. [Lis, if you remember drop the titles in the comment section]

Here's YaYa with her teacher Mrs. Charney

and her proud parents.

I don't remember my Kindergarten graduation, if I had one. I do recall graduating from pre-school and changing seats with my best friend Danny Kellogg. 29 years later, I'm in the audience. My how time flies.

[Hey, I think I managed to upload the video after all! . . er, no. I guess this is video of YaYa and her friend Meadow performing a play at Lu's 4th birthday party. I'll move it to that entry when I get around to writing it]

One goofy thing - they had the graduation, then had three days of school afterwards. What's up with that?

Tags: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They didn't want them thinking they didn't need to learn anymore! HA!

Were you sober when you shot that video? Having a seizure?

I had one & we sang "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" and we had raincoats, boots & umbrellas! HA! I think that was graduation??? I still see my kindergarten teacher! HA!

Is she ready for all day school next fall???

Anonymous said...

Actually she's been in full day programs since K3, so this was her 3rd year of full day school.

I wasn't drunk when I shot the video, but apparently I need something more stable than a one-handed-across the room - leaning to avoid getting my father in law in the shot - vid for my next upload :)

Anonymous said...

Love it, looked like it was great fun

scor0046