google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lauren's First Week - Sunday

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lauren's First Week - Sunday

Sunday morning we had breakfast together then packed off the whole family to church. We didn't make it through the entire mass (Lauren's first!) but it wasn't Lauren's fault; Parker was terrorizing an autistic boy in the crying room by simply being his typical two-year old self, so we had to leave early.

We then picked up AnnaBelle, the girl Lis had watched all summer, to fufill a promise I'd made all week: to take the kids on a picnic.

We debated going over to the playset by Miller Park but instead went to 'the deer park' aka Whitnall, where we found a beautiful, empty spot by another play area.

The meal itself was standard fare- PB sandwiches, carrots, etc. But the company was great.

In a desperate attempt to knock out the jaundice and end the daily trips to the Dr, we put the baby out in the sun.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Worst Picture of Me since freshman year yearbook:

Unfortunately YaYa had a hissy fit at the park (jealousy over the baby?) and we packed it up and left. It was getting hot anyway, and I'd realized that we'd screwed up our schedule. Lisa's cousin was due to drop off a dinner for us that morning, but I'd forgotten and packed the family off for church. D'oh!

[BTW - Lauren's belly-button fell off later that night]

It was then time for yet another Dr. appointment, and I dropped the family off at Lisa's friend Jolene's house to wait out my trip with Park and Lauren. Good news - the billibrubin was on the way down and her wait up, ending the need for the trips, and Parker's infection was better.

Sweet!

Here's Jolene and her kids with Lauren:

Later that evening Uncle Kenny stopped by with Aunt Carol to see the baby:

And that pretty much ended the honeymoon . .the next day I had to return to work. As I told my boss, 'it was the best week of my life. Bar none'.

Why? The birth, naturally, and the baby and Mom safe and healthy . . no worries about work . . relaxing trips to the library . . evenings alone with the baby . . endless time to interact with the kids . .

I should be rich so I could do that full time. I'd do right by it, honest I would - I just enjoy time with the family.

One thing: Lauren merged seamlessly with the family. It was as if we had 3 kids one minute and four the next (which I guess technically, is true). But do you know what I mean? She was a part of our family right from the start, like she belonged.

And she does.

Our family is complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and Lauren is part of the family

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Complete? As in no more???? ;-)

Remember that commercial McDonald's had with the baby monitor & the older kid is talking to the baby & says "If they really like you they take you to McDonalds" in a puppy dog voice...yep jealousy is a tough one...even for daddy's sometimes! Ha!

Doesn't sound too bad though. Except the Cubs just lost...boo!