google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A shocking confession

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A shocking confession

Ok, first things first. The intent of this post is two-fold: one, to genuinely record a humorous and memorable part of my son's childhood.

The second is to embarrass him in the future.

For many, many months - far too many for my liking - my one and only son trotted around both our old flat and the new house wearing the girls dress up outfits.

Many was the day I'd hear the clip-clop of high heel plastic dress shoes and look up to see the bearer of my name wearing them.

Ditto Princess dresses, skirts, tiaras, clip on earrings, and gloves.

Sigh.

I won't pretend to be so enlightened that this didn't bother me, but I understood he was a little toddler greatly influenced by his two older siblings and the allure of bright, shiny objects.

Didn't make it any easier, mind ya.

Nowadays, all on his own, he seems to have abandoned this obsession, preferring his Spiderman shoes and a t-shirt and shorts and spending his free time happily destroying our house.

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm :-) Ya that will be some big ammo to bribe him wife later. (shakes head)