google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: I need to find this Stocking Holder . .

Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2007

I need to find this Stocking Holder . .

Ok I have now officially given up trying to find the following item. It EXISTS, as it was at Target last year, but the official record of it has been wiped off the internet like a conspiracy in a third rate Wil Smith movie.

It's a mantle stocking holder with six hooks. The bulk of the piece, which was in a pewter-ish color, spelled 'FAMILY'. With a family of six that's perfect, one letter/hook per family member. When Lis saw it last year we didn't yet have a fireplace so she figured there was no point in buying it.

Now it's vanished and we have pulled together every last ounce of our web-surfing skills and come up empty, and of course Target no longer carries it.

So . . if you know of the item, and where I can find one, please let me know. Thanks!

* * * *

For Christmas my wish-list is mysteriously short this year and composed entirely of items easy on the buget. We are poor and so I feel no need to give or receive extravagent gifts.

I need slippers and socks, both dress and over-the-calf white ones.

I'd like a copy of  I am Legend by Richard Matheson and the Blake's 7 novel Afterlife.

I think I'd really enjoy Brain Games by the makers of 20Q.

I hear that Nirvana's Unplugged performance is finally on DVD for around $10.

* * * *

Took the girls to see an advanced screening of Enchanted on Tuesday, taking two of YaYa's school friends along too. We got there 90 minutes early and found ourselves about 100th in line. I left the kids and Lisa in line and inquired up front. Turns out 200 people had already been let in to the free screening and the huge line was just a queue in case someone left.

Fat chance of that. The kids reversed their standard behavior in such situations and actually took the dissapointment with grace and maturity. So we went to Livvie Lu, inspiration for LuLu's nickname here, for free glitter; we saw Santa and got certificates for free candy which we redeemed, and we bought the girls fans from the Disney store that were on clearance for $1.49.

Then we went home and watched Barbie Island Princess.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh sooo sorry. I want to see that also. Patrick Dempsey...YUM! :-) It looks really cute. Not sure someone has not thought of that sooner...pretty soon they will be doing that will all the Disney movies! HA! Bambi comes to earth & finds Al Gore to go after all the hunters and non recycling people! etc...ha!