google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: One Year!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

One Year!

It's now been 365 days since I quit smoking.

 I last inhaled or even held a lit cigarette a year ago today, on the cusp of departing for our Disney vacation. I never thought I'd succeed; honestly I'd have bet money on my lighting up the minute I returned home to Milwaukee.

It didn't happen, and I'm duly proud.

Sure, it killed my diet and I'm now a minimum of 60 pounds heavier than I was then, but what the hey . . . it was still worth it. At least now when I hack I know it's a cold and not tar waiting to be expelled.

How's that for a visual?  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoppee! That is just soooo awesome & if you can do that you can do anything...so now just slowly start on the diet/exercise. I'm right there with you! I did go for a 7mile walk with my baby in our local preserve to see the colors! I didn't get to do that all summer so I'm so happy.