So with that I present Slapinions List of Doable but Likely Unattainable New Year's Resolutions 2008 Edition.
I'm going to try to keep it simple, both in numbers (an even 10) and in scope.
1. I will continue to eat healthier and treat my body better, with an ambitious but secondary goal of finishing '08 at 270# or lower (a drop of ~70 pounds)
I quit smoking; now I just have to conquer this
2. I will continue to place a stronger emphasis on attending church with the kids
I value my religion and want to pass that on to the kids.
3. I will make a serious and determined effort to secure publication of my writing
4. I will try not to be an as**ole
I have been more self-aware as late; in the past few years my temper has shortened and my standard-issue sarcasm is coming off wrong to others. Time to change that.
5. I will continue to hammer away at my anxiety issues
This would be a major victory
6. I will organize my finances so every paycheck isn't worthy of panic
I'd like to get a Christmas account going, some additional life insurance (esp. on the house), and a genu-ine 401K of worth
7. I will try to limit my swearing
Because frankly, I often sound like a sailor
8. I will try to be nicer to my family (siblings/parents).
They make me all jittery and I get snappish. I should work on that.
9. I will try to enjoy every moment I spend with my wife and kids
I already do; but I want to remember each day in detail. They are growing up so fast.
10. I will seek fufillment and happiness in my professional life
In whatever shape that takes.
To everyone; ahappy, safe, and blessed year ahead!
Happy New Year!