google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: All-Star Squadron Annual, 1984

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All-Star Squadron Annual, 1984


The comic book above - the 1984 'annual' for the All-Star squadron  -was one of my favorite's as a kid. I loved the series, with it's mix of 1940's nostalgia and Golden Age superheroes, and I especially loved this issue as it tapped into my love of history.

The members of the All-Star Squadron fan out across time to prevent the murder of seemingly insignificant people. In reality the intended victims are future Presidents of the US, all the way through Reagan, tho' the Squadron never learns of the fact (it is revealed to us by way of a series of news clippings on the then-current whereabouts of Nixon, Carter, etc)

Green Lantern fails in his quest and a boy - and now unknown would-be President - is killed.

I read and re-read this issue until long after the cover fell off, and I was a kid that treated his comics with care.

Should I ever find the $, it'd be nice to gather a complete collection of this series. I'd certainly enjoy reading them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read about the Green Lantern, but I do remember hearing the storys of the Green Lantern on the radio in the car....Sunday  thanks for the trip down memery lane.

Jeanne