google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Apologies

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Apologies

Ouch. Well today I started to melt down at my Mother-In-Law's annual Xmas party as my anxiety snuck up and bit me in the as*.

I really, really hate it sometimes when the kids are in crowds (or areas where crowds traditionally are, such as today's nearly empty Chuck E Cheese's.)

It's crazy, so don't bother telling me what I already know. Just writing this is sending my chest into butterfly mode.

So to anyone who noticed my clenched jaw or wondered why I looked so insanely tense, or overheard the well-warranted scolding my actions brought from my wife, sorry.

All in all it was a very nice party. Really!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand, when the pressure gets to me....and I'm the only one that see the pressure, I too melt down....

My whole family knows this and some feel I'm a little nuts, oh well, live goes on...

Many times I feel lim J. Stewart in "Its a wonderful life"  Life would be better without me...

But then I see my grandkids, and like Mr. Stewart I realise what life is all about....

Merry Christmas,

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Well holiday stress can do that...family can be a mixed bag...nice to see but a pain too! HA!

Enjoy listening to some holiday carols on my journal...that might help.