google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Joe Loong would be proud

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Joe Loong would be proud

Why? Because good ol' Joe once wrote about the importance of linking to the ideas and sites you talked about, and brother this one's gonna take the cake.

Many times on BlogExplosion I've come across a blog called No Ordinary Moment. Among other blog-y posts it features the artwork of the author, and I'm quite fond of her work.

As a matter of fact, were I ever to be in the position where I could afford to throw down a spare $85 on artwork - or just have a spare $85 period - I'd probably pick up a piece she did called Fraility.

Anyhow, today her blog featured a youtube clip of The Turtles singing their signature hit "Happy Together".

Cheerful eh? Eeven if you get the sense it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Quite the websurfer tonight, I searched for some additional Turtles' clips, and came across this gem. In it the much older Turtles (circa 1990, if YouTube can be trusted) discuss, in painful but humourous detail, the problems they had with their managers during their career. Think it's a simple thing? Just try following the chart they draw:

Note: Well, AOL isn't allowing me to embed right about now, so here's the url for the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JHN5HaUg28

I'll try to add it once the entry is saved, so be patient ;)

Here it is:

 
 
Yikes!
 
 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these guys live in 1971 or '72 on the campus at the University of Hawaii.  They played in the amphitheater which was a small venue for a group of this stature.  It may have been towareds the end of their career, but it was a fantastic evening.  Their performance was excellent!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this group !!  must be one that was more confined to the USA  or maybe I am just to old !!!!  love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

video killed the radio star.  hehe.

i liked that song....before....thanks youtube.

have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

That last clip was hysterical.  Wonder how many times that happened.  Often I fear.

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

I popped over there.  She sells at Etsy!  I LOVVVVE Etsy!  Say...have you ever been to StumbleUpon?  Try it...;)  C.