google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Just for the folks who know me offline - My Birthday List

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just for the folks who know me offline - My Birthday List

I've always been a big proponent of making Christmas/Birthday wish lists - I once joked I wished they'd let me have a birthday registry at the bookstore - but in recent years I must admit I'm starting to find it obnoxious.

Not that that'll stop me from doing it ;)

At any rate, more as a personal 'wish list' to myself than any actual Birthday list:

DVD's -

Family Guy's Blue Harvest (just the single disc edition. I've never watched a director's commentary and I'm not about to start with a cartoon's)

Nirvana Unplugged - kinda po'd about this one. I turned down a chance to watch it because I was sure it was under the Christmas tree - nope. Worse yet, I'm told that someone 'guaranteed' they'd 'already' bought it for me back then, stopping other would be buyers in their tracks.

CD's

Into the Wild Soundtrack - Eddie Vedder

Rear View Mirror - Pearl Jam

there's more CD's I want to own, just to basically recreate a portion of my once impressive college-era collection, but I'll do that at thrift shops.

Books:

None really. 501 Must Read Books, in the bargain bin at Walden's, strikes my fancy.

Clothes

A new belt and another pair of slippers would rock

Never Gonna Happen

 Zune MP3 player

Electric guitar with amp

Betcha never thought of this

I could use a carrying case in my car for all my cassettes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool list. I love Family Guy myself. I never watch it on TV.. I never watch TV lol but I do get the episodes on DVD. -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

you know....you can make gift registries at barnes and noble and those type of stores ;)   i think it would actually help in this day and age to know what someone would like, there are far too many things to choose from these days.

had to laugh at the 'was supposed to get it for xmas' ...chris and i always tell each other what movie/game we want and then repeatedly check to make sure the other person got it ;)

have you read the family guy books?  or the simpsons if you're into them?  the books have all the insider facts, even tell you which springfield the simpsons live in ;)

have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

See anyone that wondered after the high pitch voice...no question here! HA! (Just teasing ya!)

Ya, I think it helps with reducing returns which helps the company if you think about it. Well that really says you have an old car...when is the last time they equipped cars with cassette players? Ha! I say this with about 2-3 rows of cassettes in my cabinet here...ha! But I have a jam box with a double one. I should start to replace some.

I guess I should make my wish list soon too? :-)