google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: New Graphics for the Site

Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2008

New Graphics for the Site

For quite awhile now I've hated the picture in the 'about me' section. I rarely wear T-shirts anymore and haven't for years, my hair is (sadly) thinner, and I have never stood in front of the Art Museum in a dorky thumbs-up pose.

It was great for '05, but not '08. Plus the pics of the kids desperately needed updating.

So here's the new version, again created by Oftencold during a rare day-off up in the wilds of Alaska.

Note that while he did all the hard work, I did tone down the text just a smidge. The rest of it still applies - if your boy toy is a publishing maven, by all means send him a link.

Of course there were previous versions too. In retrospect I kind of like the text at the end of this one . . hmmm. .

     

This next one was yanked because it included my full name, and the pic had inspired someone to ask what accident caused the scar on my forehead. In fact, it was nothing more than a crease on the scanned photo. Frankly, I can't even see it now, but that might be because of the resolution.  Plus, in retrospect, newborn Parker looks like a shrunken head that I propped up on a pillow.

The creator of the graphics vetoed this next one because he didn't think that City Hall was recongizable enough behind me in the pic. I suppose the Art Museum is slightly better known, but not by much.

Plus I'm trying to alter what I call the 'masthead' above every post. Here's an early attempt:

Note the nesting dolls representing the family. Remember, it's still just a draft. I was kind of thinking of having different mastheads for each subject - family, politics, sports, local, general, etc.

What comes to mind is the YaYa nose-picking pic on the current masthead, now front and center on the Family version . . . again, I guess we'll wait and see.


Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like the brown deskpad design.  A brown leather deskpad says, "respectable, Ward Clever sort of guy here, given to thoughtful solutions to all of Lifes's little challenges."  

Anonymous said...

dude...i love that nose picking picture!  it's a classic childhood moment.  i smile every time i see it.

just my opinion, i like the thumbs up picture of you...even if it's not 'up to date' your personality shines through in that one.  not just the dad or blogger, but the guy you are.  funny, happy, silly.  maybe he could pin that photo onto a different background.... do it like a 'vote' button? (button like pin, not button like shirt or keyboard)....(i'm thinking like reese witherspoon, election...cheesy grin and a thumbs up)  i like the fan of the family pictures going down the side...and yeah, that one of baby's head does look a bit off.  as for the wording, i think all of them are good....but i do like the 'picking up internet floosies' joke.

whatever photos and wording you choose, the content is great here :)
have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

I like them all :) -Missy http://journals.ao.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm not good with change, I like the original one with the thumbs up, makes me smile, that all is good....and the noise picking, I lol when I see that one

Jeanne