google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Request for Help for a Fellow JLander, Sorrow for a Departed Friend, and Thanks for an Award!

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Request for Help for a Fellow JLander, Sorrow for a Departed Friend, and Thanks for an Award!

I've been perusing http://journals.aol.com lately, and despite its many flaws I like the 'recently updated blogs' list. I'll often pop on to a blog I haven't seen before and take a look. You'd be suprised - or perhaps not - at the many great blogs on AOL, and the few that are absolutely dreadful.

My favorites tho' are the odd ones, the 'my minister is sleeping with my grandpa and they are plotting to kill the mayor because he's a Republican from Jupiter' versions.  And these people seem absolutely serious.

Sweet.

One of the brand new one's I stumbled on was Roses are Read (a nifty play on words, I think). She's brand new to the web and I've tried helping her with a few issues she's had here in JLand.

The trouble is she's now attempting to add music to her entries. I've always been print-centric and loathe to include anything that couldn't eventually be printed out - even my Youtube entries make me squirm - so I have no clue how to do it.

I've tried to help but it's no go. If you know how to do this, please stop by her site.

* * *

While trying to help her I came across the help site of Pam from One Girls Head Noise, a woman who was very kind and helpful to me when I started out here. She passed away in '06 but even now she reached out a helping hand.  Her alternate site is full of hints and tricks, and worth a look whenever you're stuck. A link to her site even created the license plate at the start of this entry.

Man, I really do miss Pam.

* * * *

I was flattered to receive my first award or recognition here in JLand, and it came from across the pond. Over at Villiage Life I was put up for a Nice Matters award with the following kind words:

I have only been looking in on Dan's journal for a few weeks now but he sure has a way with words and has a lovely family.

Thanks for the kind words. As you all can see I've loaded the award graphic in the sidebar and will display it with pride.

* * *

Ok, I really don't care and probably won't even watch, but as an American I'm obliged to give my Super Bowl picks. My head says the Patriots (gag) by a TD or more, but the rest of me is hoping the Giants take it by 3.


Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what you needed to spruce up the place...some pretty pink flowers in your sidebar.  LOL.  Looks great and it nice to know your a nice person.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh my...  I miss Pam, too.  She was one of the first to visit my journal, and was so patient with all my journal questions.

Congrats to you!  Much deserved.  You give me hope for relationships...the way you always acknowledge your wife...lovely...and very important. ;)  C.

Anonymous said...

Oh hold up there....you got a special manly "Nice Award" posted now.  What's up with that????

Robin

Anonymous said...

What's up with that, smartalek, is that you're right lol  - I originally loaded the female and not the male graphic. My bad :)

Anonymous said...

I to think your a nice guy, and also don't care to watch the Super Bowl but I do wish that the Giants take it by at lease 3 LOL

Congrads on the award

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Boy with a prediction like that you better go by a Megamillions ticket! HA!

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew how to add music... I don't even try and learn lol because of this stupid dial up. Sorry I couldn't be much help :( -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF