google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Dale Check - A musical thank you!

Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2008

Dale Check - A musical thank you!

 I once supervised a great guy by the name of Dale Check. Here's a pic of him at my Mother-in-laws Christmas party in 2002.

He's long since moved on but we've kept in touch. Not so long ago he sent me this letter:

I was talking to a new friend of mine, and telling her aboutcha. We have alot of fun memories don't we? :) Specificailly, Do you remember the time, when I was very hard up for cash, and kinda ran out of food (Of all things)? I told her about the time you cleaned out your kitchen, and gave me the food you could spare. As I was telling this story, it got me thinking, and I just wanted to say...
 
What you did for me is something I will never forget. True friends like you are few and far between, so I want you to know that I am grateful, and if I could ever repay this favor I would jump at the chance. I wanted to take the time to tell you how much that ment to me.
 
Thank you Danny.
 
Very Sincerely,
      Your Friend
               Daley
 
Dale's letter makes my role way more important than it truly was. Many a time, right up until a few years ago, I'd found myselfdirt poor and relying on food either cooked or provided by my parents or in-laws. At the time Dale had no such resource to fall back on, and for one day I filled the void.
 
Consider it  settling a karma-ic score :)
 
Besides, he was a buddy of mine, wasn't he?
 
So what does this guy do for my birthday this year? In addition to taking me out for lunch he strolls into my business singing and playing a guitar - a guitar he presented to me.
 
 
It's much too expensive a gift, but I'll borrow it for awhile :)
 
In return I want to post some music of his. He wrote and played guitar and bass on this track. He plays the drums too (and trumpet and piano) but not on this song, at least on this version.
 
Click on the graphic below to play his song: UPDATE: Uh, I guess not. Click here instead.
 
                                             
 
 
Dale's looking for a solid vocalist for the band he's forming, and/or a rich sponsor to make him a kept man. He can be contacted at fretnoise900@yahoo.com.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your graphic did work and start the song.  That's a nice story.  It's always nice to be appreciated (even when you don't think you deserve it).  God Bless.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Loved the song, if he gets it recorded, let me know...and its great to hear from Dale, please say hi for me....I also tell him I miss his smile...

Wow, thats was neat with him coming into your business singing and all and then he presented a guitar....how long do you get to borrow it....:)

that must have been a day

Jeanne


Anonymous said...

What a great song, who'd have thunk Dale so talented? Wow....

Anonymous said...

That story gave me a little shiver. What a remarkable thing to have someone remember your simple act of kindness, and give you such a heartfelt thank you several years later. It's a nice reminder that the things we do in life can and do make a difference to others. I'm a firm believer in Karma, but good and bad. Thanks for a nice start to my morning!

Beth
http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/

P.S. I'll listen to the music when my husband isn't sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Good for you to help him out and great that he took the time to show his appreciation. That's what friendship is all about.

B.

Anonymous said...

  The music was great and the story was also.  I loved this story.


                            Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the song. Sounds like he's got some talent!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've both got a great friendship :o)  Treasure it x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Dang...can't listen.  Now THAT is the definition of friendship. ;)  C.