google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Easter Egg Dyeing 2008

Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Egg Dyeing 2008

                                            

Trust me, you're no sicker of Easter posts than I am. This one and one more; after that I'm done. I promise. If this doesn't apply to you, feel free to check out the 2007 post from a few days ago, or the 2006 post here.

This years Egg Dyeing was canceled on Good Friday because of the baby's illness and the blizzard that came with it. It was hurriedly rescheduled for the next day, but Lisa couldn't wiggle out of work so I ran the show alone (although Lisa's friend Chris stayed to watch the Baby).

All the usual suspects were there, minus my nephew and my oldest niece.

Ugh. Smiley and his di-di (pacifier). Gotta break him of that soon, but since he doesn't talk he seems so much younger than he is. Still, he usually only uses it to fall asleep and then drops it behind his bed. Not sure why he grabbed it here; maybe he sensed a chance to embarrass his folks online :)

 

DSCF1424.jpg picture by slapinions

We did a lot more eggs than usual, as I brought home 5 dozen to dye for work. Still, it was much more chaotic, disorganized, and not nearly as artistic an endeavor as when Lisa runs the show.

For instance, I started the kids out in their everyday clothes.

Before making them put on play clothes.

Here's the baby silently watching the festivities from a distance. Note the IV bandages still in place.

Here's smiley, being a boy

It may not have gone perfectly, but at least our tradition was kept going.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's precious.  They look like they are having a ball and that's what it's all about.  I think Dad likes it too.
Have a great Friday, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I will say it again  you are a really lovely family....hope baby is lot sbetter now.  Glad you all had a good Easter. Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Great shots.  I am happy the baby is doing better, poor little thing.

           Julie

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and it proves Dad can do things too.....Love Smiley, a true boy..

Glad that the baby is doing better

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I wish my Mr Big X was involved with the children like you are. Those are memories they will keep for a long time.  Loved the photos, Smiley is adorable being his boyish self. :-)  Hope baby is MUCH BETTER.

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Wisconsin...not sure what happened there, but Davidson seemed to have their number.

Beth

Anonymous said...

OMG...these are great! I'm glad I'm not the only one with tie dye fingers! HA! I was even too embarrassed to go get a manicure! Ha! I'm going tomorrow...a week later...I think it is all gone now. Ha! I remember a friend of mine about 20 yrs ago...her father did a bit of tie dye job on her cocker spaniel...too cute.