google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: An example of how honesty has never been an issue in our marriage

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2008

An example of how honesty has never been an issue in our marriage

I had my wife read a post I did yesterday (but have yet to post).

"It's good. Very well written today."

"Today? As opposed to what?"

"As opposed to some of the junk you pass off as posts"

Later I asked if she'd read the Leap Day post.

"Maybe"

"Maybe?"

"Yeah, I think so. It was that boring one wasn't it?"

"What do you mean, 'boring'? Did you even read it?"

"Of course."

"What was it about?"

"It was about . . [shrugs] I don't know. Something about snow and the car. And you wrote 2009, not 2008. See, I told you I read it! Ha!"

{note: I did indeed write 2009, and later edited it out}

"So what did you think about the phone call?"

"What phone call?"

''You didn't even read it to the end??!"

"I  . . . mighthavestoppedhalfwaythrough. Look, you would NEVER read 30 posts a month if I had a blog. I bet you wouldn't even glance at more than three a year, would you?"

"Ah, that's not true. I've told you to get a blog for years."

"That's such a crock. You'd hate my blog. It'd be 'Danny did this' and 'Danny said that' and you'd spend all day trying to get me to edit out all the stupid things you do all the time".

Snort. "Bull. You don't have a blog because no one wants to read about making flannel frog pins and paper mache dolphins. You'd put people to sleep."

Laughs. "Uh, half of Blogger is about paper mache dolphins, thank you very much. And just for that, maybe I'm going to start a blog and make it all about those flannel frog pins. And you know what? I'm going to make you read every-single-word- aloud. Would you like that bunky? Wouldya?"

And finally, her complete email response to a whiny email of mine.

that was the main point, dont look between the lines for derogatory sh*t,  you know i love you, shut up.

Ah, true love lol

 

Not on AOL/AIM? Comment Here


Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.  now that's love ;)

have a good one~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Gee, it must be true love....

I hope you have a better day :)

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Ah, the language of love! I got a kick out of this entry, because I could just hear that conversation taking place between any couple! Often, our exchanges are short and to the point: "Geek." "Nerd." It makes me feel all cuddly and warm inside! :)

Beth

Anonymous said...

Hehehe...gotta' love the mushy stuff. ;)  C.