google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Final 2008 Easter Post (Yay!)

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Final 2008 Easter Post (Yay!)

 

This is the last Easter post for 2008, I promise.

Anyhow, we went overboard on the baskets because Lisa actually prefers Easter to Christmas and this year she had money of her own to toss in the mix.

Each kid got one 'big' gift, and their standard basket (which also included a smaller ~$5 gift). YaYa's gift was a set of doll clothes for her (generic) American Doll and a Littlest Pet Shop toy, while LuLu was given a Puppies in Your Pocket set and a Lilly (of Hannah Montana) doll and Smiley received a Knight in Armor play clothes set. All the kids also received a character beach towel.

Oh, the baskets also contained matching Easter outfits from my folks.

Here's Lu's:.

YaYa's:

Smiley's:

and the Baby's:

Three things: One, LuLu originally balked at another year with the Frog basket, saying it was a 'boy' thing, but upon review it is very feminine. I also axed plans to get the kids character baskets as I like the tradition of using the same ones each year.

Two: The kids each got a big chocolate bunny that, somewhat playfully represented them. Smiley had one with a school backpack, LuLu had one with big feet, YaYa one called 'too tall'. Uh-uh - save your scolding for the Mrs. It was her idea.

Three: YaYa no longer believes in the Easter bunny. After nearly choking on her owngiggles when talking about the Bunny with us, Lisa busted out and told her the truth flat-out. I'm sure she knew already, but it 'twas a milestone, it was.

While I thought it odd timing, their cousin and friends stayed overnight into Easter morning (thus explaining them in these shots).

You won't see much of Lu either, as she woke up ill with the baby's flu and wasn't up to celebrating.

That's edible Easter grass, btw.

I was stuck working while Lisa took the kids to an Easter breakfast with her Mom at a restaurant.

Later, I took YaYa and Smiley to my parent's house for dinner, as Lisa stayed behind with the sick baby and the (by now) completely ill LuLu.

YaYa and cousins in their outfits:

YaYa with her doll, which she took to my Mom's.

And last but not least, Smiley, who as always had such elegant manners . . :)

Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks as always for sharaing the family with us and all in your celebrations.  Over here in the UK Easter is a much quieter affair and only Easter Eggs both chocolate and real are to be seen. Thankfully for parents purses !!  no other presents are given.  Have a great weekend   Sybilx

Anonymous said...

I loved all your Easter pictures.  Next year would you please make me a basket like the baby's.  I love that one the most...grin.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You really go for Easter in a big way don't you. It's great that the kids have such a good time.

B.

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a lovely Easter :)

....that edible grass is something else, huh?!  

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Love those outfits...later they will be laughing at them of course. I have ones like that with cousins!

Looks like sooo much fun! I can't believe she already does not believe in the Easter Bunny wow!

My niece still believed in Santa last year...I think that may be her last. She is starting to use some logic on it.