google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Follow Up to The Legend Trip

Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2008

Follow Up to The Legend Trip

If you paid close attention, you'll notice that one of the folks involved in the movie I reviewed earlier in the week must have picked up the review's existence via Google and read it.

No less than the director of the movie left a comment on the entry.

 Comment from jasons@... | Email jasons@XXX
3/13/08 4:04 PM | Permalink
How bizarre that someone gave you a copy of the film from a craigs list posting.  I'd be curious to know who's giving out our film.  

I've read and appreciate your comments about the film- and I think you've hit the nail on the head.  I really wish that people had the chance to see the story as it was intended rather than suffer through what quickly became a rather disjointed mess story wise.  

Most of the good reviews that the film has gotten were based on production value, (at least it doesn't look like an $8000.00 movie).  I think plenty of people give it a pass just because making a film in Wisconsin isn't the easiest undertaking and they appreciate the attempt.  I think the film has a lot of great "moments"  - but unfortunately some great moments don't equal a great film.  

Although I directed the film, (might be a little biased) I'm proud of what the small crew accomplished and only too aware of the faults.  Thanks for watching and hopefully our next offering will make up for your disappointment in THE LEGEND TRIP.
 
* * * *
My response:
 
Jason,
 
Thank you for your generous response to my review of The Legend Trip. As you may have read in the post I was hesitant to critique the film as I was proud it was made right here in Wisconsin, and I respect how much effort it must have taken to pull a feature length film together.
 
I didn't realize the movie was produced on such a limited budget. You're right, it doesn't look anything like a $8000 production. You have a right to brag about the work you did directing the film - as I mentioned in the review, some of the shots were staged with a great eye.
 
I stand by my comments on the script and plot development and hope that area improves in the future.
 
I'm more than willing to give your next film a look, and I look forward to hearing from you again.
 
Thanks
 
Dan
 
ps: I believe I received the film from the man identified on the DVD cover as 'Supreme Overlord'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting and awsome, that Jason took the time to write to you and with such a long message...Great job

Jeanne