google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Happy April - No Fool's Day joke here

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April - No Fool's Day joke here

I know this runs the risk of sounding like an April Fool's Joke, but believe me, I detest that lame tradition.
 
 
I will be at work at that time, and just as importantly my DVR is still not working well with the HDTV.
 
So I BEG of my readers: Someone, somewhere must record the performances/interview and get me a copy, preferably on DVD. I will of course reimburse whoever goes the extra mile for me should it involve postage, etc.
 
This is not a joke . . PLEASE PLEASE let me know if anyone can do this.
 
Thanks!
 
* * * * *

 
You know that whole "I don't care about this (baseball) season' thing? Yeah, right out the window. When I got home from work I sat down and watched the end of the Brewers/Cubs game, then some of the Twins/Angels game and via psychfun got an update on the White Sox contest.
 
Oh, and the kicker, the moment when I knew my protests had all been smoke and mirrors? When I was on the phone with work and the Brewers gave up a 3 run home run in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game (which they won in 10 frames)
 
Right there, with my work Nextel glued to my face and a fellow manager on the phone I screamed . . well, some very colorful words. 
 
I'm baaaack.
 
* * * * * *
.
 
A quiet night at home with the Mrs. Then right at the end I managed to slip and fall down the entire length of the basement stairs. These would be the same stairs that stand in legend among my parent's generation, as my Great-Grandmother took a serious tumble down them thirty or more years ago and the story is still in circulation.
 
I wound up in a heap on the basement floor, and even knocked a shoe off my foot.
 
No harm really, as it was by and large just an embarrassing and inconvenient moment. I emerged with only a neckache, some scraped and sore arms, a nasty cut and welt on my lower back, and a tidy little scrape right down the middle of my plumbers crack.
 
I'm grateful I got off easy. When 300 pounds goes flying down a flight of stairs, the shockwave of the impact alone coulda killed me.
 
* * * *
 
I got Lisa a mp3 player for Mother's Day last year and spent much of the last two day's filling it with songs she loves. I love not having to trip over CD's at every turn.
 
* * * *
 
Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp is a pretty fun show to watch. It's nice to see Willie Aames again, as my Mom was a huge Eight is Enough fan in the day. And might I just say, Tina Yothers . . well, I never thought she was attractive on Family Ties but I've had a change of heart.
 
It's probably the hair. I'm a sucker for a woman with short, dyed hair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you having a fall like that..thank goodess it wasn't worse.. you will be stiff this monring though...Glad you are back to your baseball...bet Lisa won't enjoy watching you watching it every game!!! I can see a photo of Dan with square eyes coming up soon I thinks  Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back, and the Brewers did a great job..


Man, I'm sorry about the fall, did you wake up the house hold?   You will be sore for weeks....please take care when you go down thoses stairs


Jeanne

Anonymous said...

And happy April 1st. to you.  I don't have a dvr or I would do it for you...grin.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I heard about NKOTB reunion but, seriously? There is speculation if their reunion will be as good as the spice girls. If I dvr it I will let you know.

Happy april fools day!

Julie