google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Happy Birthday to . . well, me!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to . . well, me!

I'm now 3 minutes into my 34th birthday. As usual, the phone rang at midnight.

"Ugh. I can't believe work would call you again this late." Lisa said.

"What are you talking about? It's midnight," I said. Duh!

As anticipated, it was my Mom, who always calls at midnight at the start and end of my birthday to wish me well.

And thus, the annual celebration of what will [eventually] become a national holiday begins anew.

I'll fill you in on all the fun later.

[Quote of the day: Lisa looked over one of the kids schoolwork. "You Catholics are a trip. Look at this coloring book - twelve pages about "Jesus fell", "Jesus was whipped" and "Jesus was nailed to the cross" and then what's on the last page? "Benny the Bunny has a huge Easter egg. Can you help him color it? Happy Easter!" LOL . In fairness, I think the teacher added the bunny pic ;)]

* * *

In the meantime . . .

I thought I'd start the day with some pictures taken in September of 1975, when I was eighteen months old. The pics were taken by my Godmother's husband (Uncle George) as part of a photography course he was taking at the time.

Take a look at this next one and tell me Smiley doesn't resemble his Daddy!

Check out the pants in these proofs! The girl in the photos is my sister Katie, six months old at the time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dan.    I hope your day is everything you want it to be.
Dawn                http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads/            

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dan, and can you see Smiley in those pictures, they ar so very cute...

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

 You were adorable and the pants are special.  Smiley does look like you!


               Julie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dan.

B.

Anonymous said...

Well happy living day hope that you have many more. When you were born I was on the D.M.Z.  in South Korea and my baby was only two years so we are doing good for now that our seed have have grow.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Beth

Anonymous said...

First picture is adorable.  What a sweet child!


And  then, there's the third one.  This picture just screams, "Hi! have you met my mother --Rosemary?"

Anonymous said...

Oh m'gosh ,Dan...too precious...and HAPPIEST Belated Birthdays to you!  You look like a rascal!  Ya shoulda' been in pictures kid! ;)  C.