google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: JLand Photo Shoot #130 - Photographer's Choice

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

JLand Photo Shoot #130 - Photographer's Choice

The subject this week over at Sometimes I Think's J-Land Photo Shoot is "Photographer's Choice", meaning you're free to choose any current or old photo of yours as the weeks entry.

I spent a good deal of time looking through old digital photos to find something appropriate, and I had a blast. It's great reliving some of the memories of the last few years. I only wish digital cameras had been around for more than just the last decade - no way anyone took as many pictures in the ol' film era.

I still had trouble finding something that would thrill a viewer, but I kept coming back to this one.

It's a pic of YaYa taken on Cinco De Mayo of '05, one of a series of shots of her and Lu I took  as they enjoyed the playset that day. And, I guess, as they enjoyed climbing the porch too. :)

To me it's startling how different YaYa looks in just three years. You can still tell undeniably that it's her, but the face is so much rounder, the distance from elbow to wrist so short, and the hands so pudgy.

You see the kids everyday and you don't notice how they change. Then you look at an old photo and  . . .wow. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great picture for Krissy's photo shoot!! they do grow up so quickly don't they?

betty

Anonymous said...

wow......she really has changed!! I never would have thought that much, it's almost like a different kid. Thanks for the memory!

Anonymous said...

Other than her smile I had to really look to see which daughter it was, great picture

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful!  Funny how they grow right before our eyes, and we don't even realize it, huh?

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

How precious. They do grow so fast, don't they?

Best Wishes,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Children certainly do grow to fast and we miss the subtle changes.  I love this photo with her bright smile.  If this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what would!  Thanks for sharing your daughters beautiful smile.

Monica

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!
Martha ~

Anonymous said...

shes got a beautiful smile