google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Wisconsin makes the Sweet 16!

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wisconsin makes the Sweet 16!

                                       

The Wisconsin Badgers advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 today with a 72-55 win over Kansas State.

I watched most of the game and it wasn't nearly as much of a blowout as the final score indicates. While they maintained a steady lead throughout the time I saw, they didn't blow it open until the final minutes.

They played a steady, VERY physical game and played it well.

Congrats to my homestate Badgers!

Meanwhile my hometown Marquette Warriors, er, Golden Eagles fell 81-80 in overtime to Stanford.

It was a good game with plenty of excitement, even if the wrong team walked out as winners.

Still, to blow an 11 point lead and lose . . yikes.

I hope all Marquette fans join the fold of Wisconsinites rooting on the Badgers in the tournament.

On Wisconsin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the entire game, and I don't have any idea what you're talking about.  K-State closed on a run at the end of the first half, but then the Badgers blew it open in the 2nd half and kept it wide open.  The lead through most of the 2nd half was 10 points.  And they stretched it to 21 right when K-State was trying to make it closer.  If anything, K-State made a good run at the end so that the final score was only 17.

Look at the gametrack:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/gamecenter/live/NCAAB_20080322_KSST@WI

I don't see what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

From the minute I started watching the game the Badgers maintained a 10 point difference.

That's a sizeable lead and I thought it guaranteed they'd eventually win, but I don't count that as a blowout; it was only with that big unanswered run that they sealed the deal.

No one tuning in for the second half was forced to watch a lousy, horribly lopsided game that wasn't worth viewing, and that's what I think the final score would indicate to someone scanning the morning headlines.

Thanks for the comment

Dan

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Badgers. All of our Indiana teams are out, except for Butler, and it's not looking good for them at the moment. Ken is an Illinois alum, so we always like to see the Big 10 do well, although not so much Ohio State. <grin>

Beth