google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: I've been tagged!

Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2008

I've been tagged!

Beth over at Nutwood Junction 'tagged' me earlier tonight and I thought I'd thank her by skipping tonight's 2nd episode of My Name is Earl and getting right down to business.

The rules are:1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

QUESTIONS:

1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?

Let's see. In April of '98 I was living in the basement of my mother-in-law's house, having fallen on tough times the previous fall. I was still working at the library downtown but had dropped to half-time because I'd gone back to college (and would graduate that August).  I spent a good deal of time researching and working on my senior thesis on our old Compaq. We had disconnected our AOL accounts to save $ (we'd sign up again in the fall and remain on AOL to this day), and man I still miss that original scree name. Sniff.   . . .  If memory serves we were sleeping on two twin mattress/boxsprings that my Grandma had given us; our queen bed was too big to fit down the stairs to the basement and had to be left behind.  We had no bed frames mind you, so we just put them on the floor and pushed them together. . . . . . we were big into Titanic, the ship and the movie, and gorged ourselves on every book about it we could find (that would be when my crush on Kate Winslet, #1 on my List of Five, began). I'd heard about a great PC game called Titanic Adventure out of Time, but it was only available at the Appleton Best Buy. I thought it was Appleton Avenue here in Milwaukee; nope, Appleton WI, quite a distance away. My friend Tre and I made the trip anyway. It's still a great game.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

      I'll go with my to-do list for tomorrow. No work stuff, since I ixnay that on this site.

    1. Arrange a sitter for Wednesday night

    2. Remember to get a copy of the NKOTB appearance on Today and look for their clips from Tuesday's The Insider

    3. Get a firm shipping date for our new mattress set

    4. Work on some posts I'm slacking on.

    5. Update our Netflix account

3) Snacks I enjoy:

. I'd be shorter to list what I don't enjoy. I'm not into candy unless someone else buys it; no, really. If left to my own devices I would rarely buy it for myself (Well, except  maybe Kissables.). Ditto Ice Cream.

    Like I've always said, I'm more of a meat and potatoes glutton than a candy and cake kind of guy. 

    Frankly, I kind of like munching on Multi-Grain Cheerios lately. You know, just scooping up a handful and tossing it down. It's not a health thing, although it's decent for you; it just tastes good.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

    Pay off our house and my student loans

    Get Lisa a breast reduction.

    Weep about the breast reduction.

    Get me a hair transplant to return my God-Given great head of hair.

    Put a ton of $ away for the kids

     Buy a company in my line of work

    Go to Vegas and . . . well, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

5) Five of my bad habits:

  Just five, and fit for the general public? It'll be hard, but here goes.

    1. I don't tie the garbage bags well.  As I've mentioned before, I have this problem with knots.

    2. I often dribble water on the toilet seat just to make my wife think I peed on it.  It makes her sooooo mad hee hee

    3. I become irrationally irate whenever the phone rings, and it rings a half-dozen times a night, easy.

    4. When in a hurry I click the phone off before proper goodbyes are exchanged.

    5. I worry too much. In fact, I worry that by writing that brief mention of how much I worry I'll jinx myself and wind up writing "how ironic" once my life falls apart and the world comes to an end around me.

6) 5 places I have lived:

I've never lived outside Milwaukee, so I'll list the eight places I have lived . .

.1. my parent's house, until I was four or five and they sold it. 

2. w/ my parents in my Grandparent's house

3. a one bedroom flat with shag carpeting 

4. a nice, roomy flat over a crazy Mexican drug dealer who went away for carjacking

5. my mother in laws basement

6.  An 8 family apartment building

7. a two bedroom flat two doors down from the shag carpet flat

8. our current house

    7) 5 jobs I have had:

     Really just the library and the current place . . but odds and ends: surveyor's assistant, Subway, Burger King/Pizza Hut at the airport, a Speedway gas station

8) 5 peeps I wanna know more about:

I'm usually against tagging, so I'll notify the folks below but leave them under no obligation to participate.  

     Psychfun  

    Sybill    

    JFourb   

   Rjsisti                    

   Astaryth                

None-the-less, it's been a blast. Thanks Beth!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Cheerios-I make Chex Mix with more than double the Cheerios, they're my favorite part.  
All that worrying will just give you gray hair!
                                            Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Love the tag, and the questions, along with the answers....

Thanks for the information

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing, Dan! I'm usually not into the meme thing, either, but this one seemed interesting, and I really enjoy Sheria's journal, so....

I think the "what were you doing 10 years ago" question was especially intriguing. When I thought about it, I realized that it was NOT a great time for me, and it sounds like it was a little rough for you, too. It made me feel good, though, to see what positive changes I've made the in those 10 years, and that I finally started making good choices. I hope you got that same feeling!

Take care,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Dan
I enjoyed learning a little more about you and your life, thanks for sharing!  I cracked up at your third answer to question number four.
Sam

Anonymous said...

It sounds like all men are the same if your reply to bad habit #2 is anything to go by.  Sigh!   I have one just like you at  home...lol!  
I loved your answers and found them very interesting.  It was nice getting to know you in this way.
I too got tagged and chose Sybil also.  
Take care...and put the seat up next time....lol!
Thanks for calling by my journal earlier.

Jeanie

Anonymous said...

You have a great sense of humor and that makes you a great read.  I enjoyed your answers.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

A litle more insight about you. I enjoyed
celeste
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/Mydayandthoughts
http://celeste-cslife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I live in a household of men, thankfully they Don't engage in bad habit #2.  ;)
                                         Smiles,  Leigh

Anonymous said...

I hang up before proper goodbyes are noted, too.  Eh, whatever.  If they really want to say something else besides 'bye' they can call me back.  My friend and I have perfected the goodbye between us though.  "oki'lltalktoyoulaterbye::click::"  at the same time.

~Amy