google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Four minutes of baby footage. Hey, at least it's more interesting than watching The View

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Four minutes of baby footage. Hey, at least it's more interesting than watching The View

For those of you who read the previous post in the first few hours after I wrote it, take note of a correction: Lump is not 27# but 17#, a glaring typo that made my nine month old sound like a hungry hungry hippo.

* * *

My sister commented the other day about a video I had made of Lump crawling. That was odd, considering I'd told no one about it and had only uploaded it to Youtube the night before. Apparently my every move is followed by my adoring fans. That, or my family is creepy nosy. :).

A word about the video, which was taken May 16th. Yes, both Lump and Smiley are in their diapers (or in Smiley's case a pull-up). Lisa objected to this saying that I never seem to show the baby in actual clothes, leaving the impression we live in the sticks and make moonshine for a living. I have no idea why the baby was sans clothes, so you've got me there, but I'd just given Smiley a bath and he should have been busy getting his PJ's on.  As you'll see he had other ideas.

Aside from the fact that I want to gag every time I hear my voice on tape, I sound a little exasperated at Smiley. I don't remember why, other than the PJ thing, and for all I know I'm hearing something that wasn't there in the first place.

Gadzooks, I like to over-analyze everything, don't I? Geesh.  On with the show!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A REAL TREAT THANKS ....LOVE SUE

Anonymous said...

 They are adorable.

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, thanks

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Inasmuch as we'd like to think we all have fans waiting for our every pearl of wit and wisdom with bated breath, I vote for the "creepy snoopy" characterization.

Nevertheless it is a cute video and probably would win over "Bubbles Plays with the Blue Critter" in http://journals.aol.com/gryphondear/Gryphondears-Word-of-the-Day/entries/2008/05/11/gryphons-word-of-the-day-may-11-2008/2219 in any contest.

;^) Jan the Gryphon

Anonymous said...

Aside from being a little sea sick Dad...I loved it.  Both kids are adorable.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

My kids were rarely wearing clothes the first few years of their lives.  They would strip faster than I could put them in the clothes......and back then, duct tape was just not a fashion accessory.

that lil face...adorable!  I need a baby.  LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

It must be quite an adventure day-to-day at the Slapinions household! :)

I think we all sound differently on tape vs. how we sound to ourselves when we're talking. I'm always amazed at how haRRRd my R's are. To me, I sound like I'm trying to bite off a piece of something! If my voice was even deeper than it already is, I'd probably sound like a pirate. ARRR!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Cute kids, thanks fo rsharing the video. Be thankful the National Enquire wasn't reporting on the video..."Nearly naked children electrocute each other in bizarre Irish ritual".
Charlie

Anonymous said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley just didn't want to be left out, that's all.  Now was it my imagination, or did Lump actually turn around and stick her tongue out at you, when you told her she needed to CRAWL?????!!  LOL!!!

Joann