google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Happy 5th Birthday LuLu!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday LuLu!

      

Just about the time I'm writing this, at 9:59 pm on June 4th, 2003, my LuLu was born. At 9 pounds 5 oz she was the biggest of my kids at birth but the easiest and most peaceful of all the births.

This past Saturday we held a party for her and her friends in the Princess-themed  room of a local hotel.

Because it was supposed to be a girls-only party and I'd succeeded in dumping the two little one's off at Grandma's, I was looking forward to an ill-deserved night alone at home. Alas, Lisa's Mom aka the scheduled helper, hurt her ankle and so I was pressed into duty.

At first - well, throughout the party - the girls were fascinated with the carriage in the room.

But eventually we split them up for activities. One group did 'pin the crown on the Princess'

and YaYa led another in playing the 'Pretty Pretty Princess' board game. I would later take over leading the game and everyone had fun.

Then we sat down to make our own Princess wands.

 

Then it was time to sing happy birthdayand enjoy the cupcakes.

And then - presents!

We bought LuLue a purse, pants, a book, a Hannah Montana t-shirt

We also bought a horse set, complete with pony, both of whom actually eat the food that comes with them,  and changing clothes for them both. Originally $30 at Target, Lis picked it up for just over $7 on clearance.

YaYa got her a little teddy bear  wearing a Happy Birthday hat and some glitter socks, all in a purse-like carrier. LuLu really seemed to like it.

There were many other presents, many of which I won't list here. Rest assured, she loved them all.

After that, as the party wound down, each girl took a photograph with Belle.

Everyone went home with a purse Lisa had personalized.

The girls were pretty tired.

But after all the classmates left phase 2 began. My girls, their two cousins, and Chris' kids stayed the night with Lisa.

I stuck around while they went swimming. Initially I kept YaYa out of the pool because she'd been very naughty, just over the top jealous of her sister. After making her sit with me and watch the others swim for 10 or 15 mintues I let her in the water.

[she impressed me at the pool: From a standing position she can lauch herself forward and complete a full front somersault before hitting the water. Where the heck did she learn that?]

I went out and bought dinner (Pizza Pizza! aka Little Ceasars at Lu's request) and an ice cream cake.

After that I returned homeand Lis slugged it out solo for the rest of the night.

I think it was a great party, and I think the girls thought so too.

Happy Birthday LuLu!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday LuLu!!

Anonymous said...

It looks magical :)  a party fit for a princess!

...and see, those cupcake holders looked great :)

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Glad LuLu had a great 5th birthday.  Looks like you and Lisa did an outstanding job :o)

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww........just awwwwwww :-D

My 18 yr old is having a Little Mermaid party this weekend.  

~Amy

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous looking party, and beautiful princesses!  Happy Birthday to LuLu.
                                                     Smiles,  Leigh

 

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to LuLu! What a doll--I loved her little while gloves!

Hey--where's the picture of YOUR princess wand?!

Beth