google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: LuLu's Birthday, pt 2

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

LuLu's Birthday, pt 2

                              

What? You thought one party was enough?

Nope, we had the family event tonight at the house.

 

Present were my father and the oldest of my two sisters, my mother-in-law and Lisa's step-dad, my wife's Aunt, and the six of us.

Again, it was on to presents. This was from Lisa's Aunt:

From my family Hannah Montana sheets, a chalk rake, and a Hannah Montana guitar

Lisa's Mom gave Lu a fun gift. Packed inside a box inside a bag inside wrapping paper inside more bags was a wooden box with ten brand new John Quincy Adams dollar coins. She got a kick out of unwrapping it all.

It was a casual but enjoyable party. Towards the end disaster struck. LuLu got upset with her brother and tossed down the ear microphone for the Hannah Montana guitar. It promptly broke off, but it shouldn't have. I doubt a glass would have broken with the same four inch fall in the laundry room. I scolded her even so for her ridiculous tantrum, but tried and failed to exchange it with her at Target - dang their firm gift receipt policies!

Surprisingly, she offered no screaming or crying fit when Target sent us on our way, which was unexpected but appreciated.

So, my girl is 5 years old. Yikes. Time sure does fly.

Love you Lu!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG...would guys please adopt me.  My BD is in February.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious me...what a busy day you had on the birthday party day. I am almost exhausted just reading about it !!  what memories you are all storing up...wonderful...she is such a pretty girl isn't she.  Thank you for sharing your family with us.  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

:) y'all sure do a great job with the birthday celebrations!

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

You did an exceptional job with the celebrations. Well done. and, happy birthday to Lulu.

B.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky, lucky girl.  You guys really went all out.
                                                        Smiles,  Leigh

  http://journjals.aol.com/mleighin21st/iwasthinking.../

Anonymous said...

Wow, LuLu cleaned up on the gifts! Sorry to hear about the broken toy...a hard lesson to learn, eh?

Beth