google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Nephew's Graduation

Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2008

My Nephew's Graduation

Ok, ok. I've tried and failed to upload the video of my nephew's speaking role at his grade school graduation. But . . I had another idea in the shower a moment ago - thank you Axe deodorant body wash for your inspiring scent of Lava manliness! - and I'll try that over the weekend.

Meanwhile, I shall comply with my sisters wishes and post about the event.

[It was held at his school's church at six in the evening, and let me just be honest: I'd forgotten that private school ceremonies often take place during Mass. There's nothing like 8 hours of work followed by a two hour Mass to make you wish you'd run off and joined the Merchant Marine years ago. Plus YaYa was a royal pain and had a handful of hissy fits during the event. What fun!]

Ok, all complaining aside, it was a heck of a graduation. There were slide shows, the entire class sang songs, there were awards, there were 'dream boxes', there was a little bit of everything. Frankly, I'm  left wondering what these kids will do for high school and college graduation. Anything that can or should be done (in front of your parents at least) they've already tried.

[My nephews dream: to be a graphic artist. My dream: that he cut his hair]

Here I am with my Godson

Here's his Mom

 

w/

his sisters

w/ his Great-Great Aunt Mabel

These next few refused 'red eye reduction'. 'Twas not intentional folks.

My sister with her Godson.

w/ my folks

w/ his teacher

w/ a girl (name?) who mopped up in the awards category

I have no idea who this is. I just thought the smile was cute, and I figured since he had two pics with her she must be someone of importance . . .

Two attractive girls and he chooses to hug a guy. Hmmm....

Just kidding. The school held a party for all the kids after the event and then the class loaded into a limo and headed out for ice cream.

 

Ok, on Sunday last his Mom held a family celebration for him. I made some of the cupcakes.

If you've been paying attention you'll be able to pick out three of my kids at the table. (answer: going clockwise from the boy with his hand by his face: the first two and the second to last)

w/ my Dad and my Dad's Aunt Diane

w/ my Godmother and her husband (Uncle George and Aunt Jackie)

and with a bunch of his friends from school

It was a good time and a nice reward for the guy. Here's looking forward to celebrating another graduation in four years!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your nephew this far. I do have to ask what age the boy is. He looks much older than 12.
;^)  Jan the Gryphon

Anonymous said...

Private schools go through 8th grade here. He'll turn 14 at the end of July.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Very nice.  Photo's are great.  Work on that red-eye issue Dan.  Congrats to the nephew.               Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay, your last sentence cleared it up--I was going to ask what grade, because he looks way older than a 6th-grader! (That's considered grade school in these parts--at my school, 7th and 8th grades were "junior high" and 9th and up were high school...and 7-12 was in one building. A small school, obviously!)

And I see what you mean--he's a cute kid, but I bet he'd be even cuter with shorter hair!

Beth

Anonymous said...

good gravy!  He's 13?!!?  I gotta start eating whatever he's eating....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

.

Anonymous said...

Too bad there wasn't an upsidedown pentagram to go with the red eyes. Hee hee.
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your nephew!
...lol, and I'm SO with you on the haircut!  You hold him down, I'll grab the clippers ;)  

~Bernadette