google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: What a morning!

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

What a morning!

Wow. Bit of a morning here, and it's only now 7:30.

The Mom who took YaYa over the weekend has a daughter that Lisa babysits. She came over this morning rip roaring and saying she was pissed at us. She said she had to have her car professionally portered yesterday and that YaYa claimed she didn't have any stomach issues but instead told her that we were all sick with the flu.

Ok, as I told the Mom, no six year old is going to go to a friend's family and say "I have chronic constipation. I get stomach pains because I do not poop.". I do not believe the car had to be portered or that it could even be accomplished on a Sunday in this town. The father said none of this the day of the event.

In addition she said we should have apologized to her (never mind the conversation with her husband or the unanswered call to her) and that we had 'no idea what she went through'.

??? I have four kids. We've both been shit on/puked on/pissed on/spit on a thousand times. It's what happens when you take kids. If someone's kid had puked in my car I'd have been annoyed, but I wouldn't have made a scene three days later, treating it as a personal affront and I would have called and checked on the kid's health the next day as a courtesy (which did not happen).

Long and the short of it, after a few minutes Lisa said enough was enough, find another babysitter and some more words were exchanged.

Oh, and George Carlin died, Lisa's brother failed to call her as promised, and her Uncle needs a heart valve replacement.

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the woman is a little out of touch with reality, if she thinks YaYa personally planned to get sick on her and make her life a living hell. I only have one child, but I can definitely say you can't possibly predict these kind of things. Your better off without her if she feels that strongly about it. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Men are different than women... of course you think you wouldn't have made a scene three days later.  However, I don't think I'd have sent my child if she'd been complaining prior to being picked up EVEN if she told me she thought she felt better.. she's six... what she knows is the moment.. and in the moment she wants to go do whatever it was she thought would be so fun. I'm sure this did get blown up all out of proportion, but honestly, I'd have been pissed too.  Estela

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Lisa for telling this woman to find another babysitter. She sounds like a real troublemaker, the type that would sue you for something!

Hope things improve today!

Beth

Anonymous said...

For about six months YaYa routinely has a minor stomach ache and occasional 'bathroom' issues (and future YaYa, sorry for discussing this in public) but there was no indication that she would be 'ill'. She's thrown up maybe three or four times in her life (outside of infancy). Had I kept her home she would have been angry and the other Mom would have taken it as an affront, given how badly she seemed to want her to go. And I KNOW I would not have launched a barrage like that even that day, much less two days later. Kids are there to screw up your day; it's their job.

Thanks for the comment

Dan

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Dan...you aint having happy days at the moment are you !!  Ner mind tomorrow is another day. Can only hope that today got better.  Some folks can get right ratty can't they..wonder what she would have done if the boot had been on the other foot...I am glad to be able to say that we have had a summer day today ! miracles do happen...I have even been able to sit outside on my wee deck and it got a bit too hot...Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, my son went with his aunt to a company picnic.  He barfed red punch all over the place.  I was like "What'd you do?!"  She said "Eh.  Cleaned him up and sent him off to play again."  LOL  We're caring like that.

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh, some folks just get way too worked up over a little puke and crap and stuff.   Kids make messes.  Grownups clean them up.  Simple.  

Anonymous said...

Boy, you have had a rough few days Dan.  That woman sounds like a prude to me.  Most mother's are used to that sort of thing and take it in stride (no matter whose kid does the deed).  I wouldn't mourn the loss of that lady.  Hope things get better for you soon.
Hugs (and lot's of them)lol, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Just keep in mind John 16:33--Cheer up, it's getting worse.

Well, loosely translated and there's more to the verse than that, but tribulation is tribulation wherever you find it. I suppose the mom owes Lisa money, too.

Hope Yaya's feeling better and that the kids will give you a break.

;^) Jan the Gryphon