google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Bernie Mac Dead at 50

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bernie Mac Dead at 50

                                                       

CNN is reporting that comedian Bernie Mac is dead at the age of 50 from complications of his recent pneumonia. Mac went into semi-retirement a few years ago with a lung ailment that further complicated the illness.

Although I wasn't a huge fan I did enjoy his sitcom and I tip my hat to the man for filming Mr. 3000, a film about my Brewers, here in Milwaukee.

[and while I didn't get a chance to post about it at the time, RIP  Estelle Getty. I liked her spunky wise-ass portrayal of Sophia on the Golden Girls, which was one of my Grandma's favorite shows and in constant rotation on her TV for awhile.]

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too liked Bernie Mac and am very sadden by his loss...Loved the move Mr. 3000 and the TV sit com.  He was way too young to pass


And I guess I'm like your Grandma, she Estelle Getty was a dream on Golden Girls, and loved her spunky additude.

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I was shocked and saddened at the passing of Bernie.  He will be missed.
Joyce