google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lump's 1st Birthday Party - Part One

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lump's 1st Birthday Party - Part One

The fun started on Sunday at 1pm, although most people showed up fashionably late.

Sorry about that red eye; I tried to correct it online. Anyway, the next picture of Lump may just be my favorite ever. I think for the first time I can see what the adult Lump might look like.

Then Lisa conducted some face painting and body art for the kids.

Then me and a couple friends went to go pick up the food. While we were gone Lisa used a sheet ala those parachutes you use in gym class. Each kid put their teddy bear on the sheet and grabbed some of the perimeter, then bounced the bears in the air. No lie, I'm told that was the hit activity of the day. Go figure.

Then: Meal Time and I promptly (and temporarilly) broke my diet. It was the first time we've had Pizza Hut's pasta, but it is as good or better than advertised. Yum.

"You're not going to put that picture on your blog are you?" DeLaura asked. Hee hee.

Then it was on to teddy-bear musical chairs. This did not go smoothly. Smiley could not grasp the rules and bawled several times, some of the younger kids were hesitant, and YaYa acted up. ("Knock off the drama! That's what I have LuLu for," I told her.)

Still for the adults it was good for a laugh and the kids had a good time.

Oh, btw my nephew Jonah was the DJ for the game. It is a true rarity to see him at family events nowadays and I was surprised and thankful enough to call and tell him those very things later that night. Cut your hair boy!

This is the final two: my niece and ond of YaYa's friends. I don't know who won, I think I was busy regulating one of my kids at the time of the decision :)

There's more party stuff to come, but this seems as good a time to divide the posts as any. See you soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the adult Lump to be :o)

Anonymous said...

Did you sing Sto Lat? We do! She looks so cute! Love her shirt!

Anonymous said...

Lisa is good!  The face painting is awesome!  LOL, can I hire her?!  If she had time, she'd be a great party planner.
That looks like one great First Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Given that your children are all similar enough to pick out as related in photographs, Ms. L. will probably look alot like her brother when she grows up.

I'm glad to see the pinata worked out ok. (I read these backward) Sometimes I feel that pinatas were specifically designed for AFV type disasters.

;^) Jan the Gryphon