google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Quote of the Day

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quote of the Day

My two oldest girls have been driving me crazy the last few days, sniping and whining and just being bothersome. It has *not* been pretty.

Monday at dinner they had the following exchange.

Both: [general bickering, mild personal attacks disguised as conversation]

YaYa: "It doesn't matter LuLu. When I grow up I'm going to be famous, and you? Well, you'll just be poor."

And with that, no lie, she twirled her fork into her mouth in that snooty food critic style.

LuLu: "Oh, yeah? Well when I grow up I'm going to get married to a cool boy and you'll be married to a dork. And I won't invite you to my wedding, so pfft."

YaYa: "It doesn't matter. I'll just show up anyway."

LuLu bursts into tears. "You just can't show up if I don't invite you! You can't! Daddy! YaYa says she's going to go to my wedding but I didn't invite her!"

I will say this for them though, as long as we're on the subject of dinner. Both of 'em eat salad like it's candy, ESPECIALLY LuLu, who'll ask for one out of the blue. Heck, I think I had all of twenty salads in my entire childhood, and between them they come close to matching that in a week. 

Smiley, not so much. Meat is pretty much all we can get down him at dinner without a fight, although he does all right with broccoli (w/ ranch) and asparagus in moderation.

Lump, while a voracious eater, loses 90% of her meals to the floor around her high chair.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds SO CUTE!!!  ('Course I don't have to listen to it every day!!  LOL!!!)

Joann

Anonymous said...

Too cute.....although what they don't realize is that there are "poor" boys out there looking for wives, and yup, you can show up without the invitation.  Hopefully with your good parenting you can fix all these little tiffs before the reality of rich vs. poor hits home, and personal invites seem to be long lost.  :) N.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the dork part.....well, they are out there too, believe me! N.

Anonymous said...

Kids !!!  love em...sometimes !!!!!   mind you would'nt be at all surprised if Lala did become famous..she is such a great wee dancer and actor !  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, what an exchange! I love the "I'M going to be famous and YOU'LL be poor!" LOL

Beth

Anonymous said...

LOL!    My oldest loves salad too. The other two think veggies are torture devices. Estela

Anonymous said...

Just give those girls a few years, you ain't seen nothin' yet!    ;)
Salads were always a favorite at our house.  Especially the toppings that came out of the garden.  
                                                                                :)  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Please mention to Yaya that fame and riches do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Once the wealthy families in the US raised their daughters to believe that a lady only had her name in the papers at birth, on her wedding day, and in obituaries. O tempore, O mores.

;^) Jan the Gryphon

Anonymous said...

There is more to come, when boys come into the picture...lol

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Sound like typical siblings to me...lol.  Don't you love a child that eats everything you give them.  My grandson is sooooo picky, but his sister will eat anything.  She and I are going to have a Chinese Restaurant evening out together this Friday.  No sense taking the boy...waste of money.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

 So cute.  I have heard conversations, and had conversations like that with my siblings.  
 I love salads also.
                    Julie

Anonymous said...

Glad that your kids love the salad, and the ranch dressing.  Take a gander at Beth's entry regarding a conversation we recently had with my Cousin in CA, and how the kids at her school do croutons and ranch dressing :o)

Anonymous said...

Just wait until they hit pre-teens & the size of their breasts are the topics! HA!

Anonymous said...

Yeah..I'm grateful to only have ONE girl.  Then I just have to hear about these conversations ;)