google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Talladega Nights

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Talladega Nights

                

I don't *think* I posted about this movie before, but after four years the line between 'I wrote it in my head' and 'I wrote it on the blog' begins to blur a bit. :)

I saw a some of this movie aboard our cruise ship in '06 and didn't like it. I also don't like NASCAR, not one bit, so the combination of those two facts made me put off this movie until a recent Ferrell binge hit me.

I liked it. It wasn't all that funny - I think 'humorous' is a more apt description of the film - but it is pleasant to watch and had its moments. (The public service announcement about the packs of feral dogs that control many of America's cities cracked me up)

I thought Sasha Cohen's portrayal of the gay French driver was lame and unfunny, but Ferrell was on the top of his game as his usual bewildered, overmatched, but ultimately victorious character.

The final race was cool though, even if you don't care for racing.

Again, a pleasant waste of a few hours but nothing more.

2.5 out of 4, 70 out of 100. (add .5 stars and 5 points if you like stock car racing)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also not a NASCAR follower, but I was surprised at how much I laughed at this movie. My favorite part was when he was supposedly paralyzed, and stuck a knife in his leg. Completely idiotic, I know...but it made me laugh!

Beth

Anonymous said...

The underwear run on the track was pretty funny also :o)