google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: But what if they *don't* win it all?

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2008

But what if they *don't* win it all?

I had a great time in Chicago at the New Kids concert, and you can expect a post about that soon enough. But what capped off the beautiful day was that I got back to the hotel room in time to watch the last inning and a half of the Cubs/Dodgers game. Man, when Soriano failed to check his swing and the Dodgers took the series I yelled 'yes!' and pumped my fist.

There is nothing sweeter than to end a day knowing the Cubs will suffer (at least) 101 years of futility - especially when you celebrate it in their own backyard ;)

Ah, but wait! My Yankees didn't even make the playoffs. (count the rings) and the Brewers lost their playoff series too (yeah, but in four games, not three, and expectations were lower)

Life is good. :)

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of harsh...

Sorry that the Brewers lost their attempt as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had fun at the concert in Chicago. I hope that you enjoyed your time in the city.

But I'm sorry to hear that you took such great pleasure in the Cubs' major meltdown. I was actually pulling for the Brewers, because my friend Dan from college and you are both fans. I'm sorry they lost, too.

Beth
http://nutwoodjunction.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nah, it's all in good fun, and it's honest - I dislike the Cubs, and if it's likewise for the Brewers that's fine - that's what rivalries are for :)

I have no similar feelings for the White Sox, who I've even traveled to see and root for from time to time. .

As far as those same Brewers I'm fine with the loss. Just making it this far was an accomplishment, and I've said all along the Dodgers (post-Manny's arrival) should take the pennant in the weak NL.

Regards,

Dan