google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Sledding - I LOVE this first pic

Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

Sledding - I LOVE this first pic

The weekend before last was action packed, and included a sledding trip to a park near my parent's old home. Lisa took our oldest three while her friend Chris brought her own trio. I stayed home with Lump, who was suffering from a runny nose and was deemed unfit for duty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It has become a tradition, albeit a reluctant one, for me to take the slopes myself. ("You have to do it, at least until the kids are old enough to remember you doing it," says Lisa) I felt a bit wimpish for staying home with Lump. Happy, but wimpy.

This year tho' Lisa returned full of regret for giving the go-ahead to the expedition. It was C-O-L-D and the adults involved were miserable.

Photobucket

The kids, naturally, had a blast.

5 comments:

Sybil said...

That truly is a star photo Dan. Just what I needed when I opened up this morning after being in bed for a few days with the dreaded flu for company....thankfully I am up and about and eye actually open !! Would you mind if I kept a copy of that photo ? it is so lovley. Love Sybil x

Bridgett said...

Great pictures! But just looking at those pictures, it actually LOOKS cold in them.

That grey overcast sky and all that white powdery snow.

Yea, I would have been miserable too. Even with all my extra 'padding.' LOL

Loved that first picture...a very precious moment caught on film. That's one that deserves to be blown up and hung on the wall for the world to see. :)

XOOX

megryphon said...

What fun! The photo of the elder children is Kodak moment quality.

The venue reminds me of Sunset Park in Newton, IA where I went sledding as a child.

o<\\\\;^) Jan the Gryphon
http://gryph-wotd.blogspot.com/

Estela said...

Nice shot at the top! My kids are missing snow right now, but I'm not. :)

Ken Riches said...

I used to find that the only true solution to a sledding outing was to get in the mix, because otherwise you stand there in the cold all miserable and such. Glad the kids had fun :o)