Tuesday, January 6, 2009
This is a wooden replica (?) of a shrunken head, or monster, or something, that I saw at an estate sale in November. I wanted it but balked at the price. I later reconsidered but returned to find it had already been sold.
Since that day:
1. I had a (feather-light, no damage to anyone) fender bender. That day, actually.
2. My dishwasher, my pride and joy, broke and was unrepairable.
3. The hand rail on my steps fell out of the wall - the joys of a 118 year old house!
4. The Aspire was towed and scrapped (see prior posts)
5. The Escort's suspension broke down
6. The knob on my dryer broke off
7. The kids kicked in the speakers on my big-screen TV, rendering it useless.
8. The TV in the kids area finally kicked the bucket
9. The Packers finished with a sub-500 record
10. David Tenant announced he was leaving Doctor Who after the 2010 season
I thought bad things happen to you once you BUY the evil idol, not when you pass it up. :)