google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Good News

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good News

As I sit here writing this and looking out my window at ten to one in the afternoon there is not a single flake of snow outside. Not one.

This is one of two reasons I've paid no attention to weather forecasts for a decade now. One, I can't do anything about it if nine inches of snow had decided to fall. Two, they're quacks. Panic, hysteria, paranoia and melodrama live and breathe inside the heart of every meteorologist. Why, if they were elected to office I'd wager they could ratchet up the fear so effectively that you'd actually thank them for passing a 700 billion dollar pork, er, stimilus bill. :)

Anyhow, more good news:

The Journal-Sentinel editor wrote me today to say that a piece I did on Milwaukee Public Schools will be running in tomorrows edition. I'll certainly post a link to it here, but if you live in Wisconsin or upper Illinois, kindly pick up a copy, raise their circulation, and inspire them to hire me on.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

I hear ya about the meteorologists! They're rarely right here either.

But hey...no snow! That's a good thing.

Congrats on the publication!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bridgett, congrats on the publication with the journal.

And no snow, thats good

Ken Riches said...

Pleased to year about another article being published :o)