google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: He-Haw

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2009

He-Haw

Man, I'm tickled pink!

Today the mailman delivered two envelopes from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Inside of each was a 'fan' letter to me that was mailed to the newspaper and then forwarded to my home. Unfortunately, I'd ripped open the first envelope thinking it was my check, then got so excited after reading the letter that I greedily tore open the second. That's a pity, because I would have liked to have preserved it for my future musuem. Ah well. :)

* * *

Bridgett - I read your comment on Scott's departure before having a chance to watch the recorded show. No matter - it was actually a better viewing experience, as I didn't have to sweat out the Anoop-Scott drama. As for his early departure, I think the top five *has* to be Adam, Danny, Allison, and Matt, with Kris or Anoop battling it out for the numero cinco. Long story short, whether he went home this week or next, the exit was coming soon.

* * *

Another reason I'm excited: for the first time in a few weeks the whole Slapinions family will have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a real dinner together. That's odd that it's odd, as from the time of YaYa's birth on we ALWAYS shared dinner together, and 99% of the time, no matter the entree, fruits and vegetables were on the plate.

I don't think I've seen a vegetable that wasn't sliced and on top of a meat patty in a week. Some parts of working evenings SUCK.

My criteria tonight is firm: meat, starch, veggies, and a fruit. Oh man, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

Fan mail?

See? I told you you were a celebrity. :)

I'm so sorry about the Scott slip. I'll make sure I keep quiet until I'm sure you've watched from now on.

While you eat that yummy meal tonight...think of me. We're having Subway because it's gymnastic class night and we don't have much time between school and class.

Once again, congrats on the fan mail! WooHoo!

XOXO

Jeanne said...

Great news on the fan mail, I agree with Bridgett, you were a celebrity :)

Sounds like a good dinner to me too

xoxoxo

Sybil said...

Hope your meal was delicious ! Sorry for lateness of thsi comment but I am just back from a few days away What about the snail mail add. please for G.s first com. card. ?
Love Sybil xx